Kitchen Porter / Pot Wash
Position: Kitchen Porter
Hours: Part Time / Daytime hours
We’re looking for a Kitchen Porter(s) to help our chef run the kitchen at Ritual Coffee Roasters. The ideal candidate will be organised and take pride in keeping the kitchen clean and tidy.
An interest in food is also desirable, as there may be some basic food preparation tasks that are part of the role, including prepping veg and ingredients for service.
You’ll be a great team player who can follow instructions efficiently, working closely with the lead Chef and FoH team to ensure the smooth running of service and close down duties.
You’ll be a hard worker, getting stuck in managing food supplies, keeping the kitchen areas clean and tidy, and washing pots and pans.
Main job roles:
- Washing plates and glasses through busy service, using the dishwasher and polishing cutlery.
- Cleaning and sterilising countertops, kitchen walls, stoves, ovens, grills and sinks
- Cleaning the entire kitchen once it is closed to ensure it is ready for the next day
- Maintaining the food storage areas like freezers and refrigerators
- Receiving deliveries and organising them in the kitchen
- Washing dirty dishes like cutlery, pots, cutting boards and pans or loading dishes into the dishwasher
- Removing kitchen waste from waste containers and disposing of them properly
- Supporting the Chef in basic food preparation like cutting ingredients, peeling and washing food items
- Supporting the Chef in service as necessary including cooking and plating food.
Saturdays and Sundays 10.00 - 16.00
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org detailing why you'd be good at the job, as well as any relevant experience.