Position: Kitchen Porter
Hours: Full and Part Time available / Daytime hours
Start: October / November
We’re looking for a Kitchen Porter(s) to help our chef run the new kitchen at Ritual Coffee Roasters. The ideal candidate will have an interest in food, as basic food preparation is part of the role, including prepping veg and ingredients for service.
You’ll be a great team player who can follow instructions efficiently, working closely with the lead Chef.
You’ll be a hard worker, getting stuck in managing food supplies, keeping the kitchen areas clean and tidy, and washing pots and pans.
- Cleaning and sterilising countertops, kitchen walls, stoves, ovens, grills and sinks
- Cleaning the entire kitchen once it is closed to ensure it is ready for the next day
- Maintaining the food storage areas like freezers and refrigerators
- Receiving deliveries and organising them in the kitchen
- Washing dirty dishes like cutlery, pots, cutting boards and pans or loading dishes into the dishwasher
- Removing kitchen waste from waste containers and disposing of them properly
- Supporting the Chef in basic food preparation like cutting ingredients, peeling and washing food items
- Supporting the Chef in service as necessary
Competitive salary and holiday. Sociable daytime hours, including weekends.
Please email email@example.com detailing why you'd be good at the job, as well as any relevant experience.